What do you do after an exhausting day? Wouldn’t you like to lounge in a large, extra soft massage-enabled recliner? If so, it will be easy to see why Simmons is the right brand for you.
Sometimes, you don't have the time and sometimes you don't want to spend the money on a masseuse. That’s where a recliner comes in handy. Just laying back on one and rocking in it gently after a long day can be deeply soothing.
Best 5 Simmons Recliners
|Brand||Comfort Material||Upholstry Rating||Amazon Rating|
|U558-19 Victor Amber Rocker Recliner||Chaise padded/ Plush Chenille||9.7/10||4.3/5|
|Miracle Pearl Rocker Recliner||Bonded Leather||9.9/10||3.8/5|
|U709-195 Jaguar Cuddler Recliner||Chaise Padded||9.6/10||4.1/5|
|Phoenix Mocha Cuddler Recliner||Chaise Padded/ Distressed Bomber Jacket PU||9.5/10||3.7/5|
|Aegean Heat and Massage Rocker Recliner||Performance Fabric/Chenille||9.2/10||4/5|
What to consider when buying a Simmons Recliner
Material - (Leather vs. Fabric)
Leather is considered the epitome of luxury. Having leather furniture injects an aura of fine living into a room. There are different grades of real leather. The highest quality is full grain leather. Top grain leather is the second best grade despite its often misleading name, while genuine leather is the lowest quality of real leather.
The best thing about full grain leather is that it gets better with age. That means your furniture will look richer in color and texture as the years pass. The downside is the care that it needs. Have leather gel at hand and prepare to polish it once in a while. Clean it without detergent, keep it away from direct sunlight, and seal the surface with a leather protector soon after buying it. Top grain leather, while not as beautiful as full grain leather, is cheaper and looks almost as good, but it will not last as long. It is made without the topmost layer of animal hide, but is still markedly more expensive than the lowest quality leather.
Next is genuine leather, a term that many customers mistake to mean full grain leather. Some recliners are marketed as having been made from ‘genuine’ leather. It is popularly used in relatively low-priced leather shoes and belts and flakes fast. Its texture is also different and the appearance is poorer than top and full grain leather because split hide is its main component.
Bonded leather/blended Leather is another popular material, made by mixing leather dust with vinyl. It is cheaper than any of the real leather but less durable. It also tends to peel, scratch and crack quickly.
Fabric and Other Materials
- Synthetic Microfiber
Chenille has a soft fuzzy feel and looks equally plush. And it can be vacuumed safely using the brush attachment, unlike leather. Water can, however, ruin the woven fabric with time. Wipe it down with a gentle detergent or dry cleaning solvent. Tough stains may require you to seek professional cleaning services.
Synthetic microfiber feels rougher than chenille. Think suede. It is, however, moisture proof, unlike the latter. The pores on the surface allow air to circulate in and out properly, which is a great plus. Buying microfiber recliners, therefore, has the advantage of being durable and inexpensive. However, they have the disadvantage of trapping lots of hair and dust.
Fabric has the advantage of variety and feel over leather. You can choose from so many different patterns and colors of fabric in comparison to leather. Fabric also looks warmer in a room than leather does. One downside is that fabric is susceptible to stains and odors more than leather is. Leather can also feel uncomfortable against sweaty skin and scratch easily, leaving ugly marks.
A frame made out of steel is stronger than hardwood for obvious reasons. If you’re on the heavier side, consider a recliner with a steel frame and rocker base, so it doesn’t cave. You want a recliner that will last you at 10 years, not 2 months.
Hardwood frames that work almost as well as steel are those made out of maple or oak. Stay away from laminated plywood, press wood, or poplar if you can afford more expensive wood.
Sinuous springs are the most common. They are two-dimensional, S-shaped and run from the front to the back of the frame in a zigzag pattern. They could break from excess force, and you'll find them mostly in low-priced furniture.
8-way hand tied springs are a type of coil spring and are the most expensive and durable option. Each spring is suspended by twine tied at eight different points and rests on steel webbing at the bottom. Springs stay anchored tightly for years. There are, unfortunately, many fake 8-way hand tied springs. If you can’t tell, buy from trusted stores and brands like Simmons.
All foam cushions are very popular. Foam ranges from a density of 0.9 to 2.5 with softer and firmer versions for all ratings. Any density rating above two should be comfortable and last a long time. Anything below that wears out fast.
Spring-down cushions are among the softest cushions and are made from the super soft fine feathers from the underbellies of geese. The cores are all spring and give extra suspension and comfort. There should be down-proof ticking in the cushions that prevent the feathers inside from poking through. They are more expensive because of their quality, the extra comfort they offer and the fact that they do not wrinkle.
Down plush is one of the most luxurious types of cushion with foam cores. They take on the shape of the body that lies/leans on them. Ultra-down is even more luxurious than down plush with high-density polyurethane cores and a soft rather than firm feel.
One of the most important things to note with cushions is that the foam inside them will all wear out with time and need re-upholstering.
Finally, it is key to remember that back and seat cushions are usually constructed differently, with the former being softer. Our backs bear most of our weight and therefore need more pampering and massaging. Where there’s a soft seat cushion, the back cushion must be even softer, so the positioning of your body is not interfered with.
A few more factors
Best Simmons Recliner Reviews
1. U558-19 Victor Amber Rocker Recliner
- It has a fully padded body and overstuffed arm pad cushions supporting you as you recline and rock
Material and Upholstery
- It has a heavy fabric exterior made out of chenille which is long lasting and tough. It also is tear resistant.
- The cushioning on the back and seat make the recliner appear and feel tremendously warm. It also has a catcher mitt back and chaise padding
- The build is sturdy, seeing as the chaise is assembled by hand and stands on a steel frame and steel rocker base. Translation - you get an extra strong recliner! Also the frame uses high-quality hardwood for extra support.
2. Miracle Pearl Bonded Leather Rocker Recliner
This is a handle activated recliner with a removable back for easy lifting. Featuring tons of independently supported springs for your back, you can thank BeautyRest Pocketed Coil technology by Simmons for changing the very structure of the chair.
Rocking and Reclining
Everybody enjoys rocking in their recliner if it smooth and relaxing. Well, the Miracle recliner provides one of the best rocking experiences in an large recliner we have ever experienced. The best part was that we didn't have to deal with any rough motions and squeaking, which can be attributed to the build and finish of the chair.
- Folks that prefer a strong material that provides firmness in support will love this chair. The solid construction, fluff, and softness make the cushion and structure enjoyable.
- The cushion tends to be tougher and firmer on the sides. Traditionally, recliners that are firmer try to position the spine perfectly and although some are able to provide adequate support, most don't meet the appropriate standards, which is why the Miracle recliner is great.
Material and Upholstery
- The upholstery consists of a beautiful bonded leather cover
- The build consists of a high-density foam seat and hardwood frame
- Sinuous write springs support the frame and the high-density foam back cushions provide extra lumbar support
3. U709-195 Jaguar Mocha Cuddler Recliner
The Deep Mocha color of this recliner reminds you of a particularly good and aromatic cup of coffee, hard to resist.
- Designed for comfort sleeping
- Posh padded arms, back and seat, which allow you to ease in
- Enhanced softness with polyester fabric
- Important - Customers should be aware that this recliner is more expensive than other chairs in our guide. This is because of the high-quality build that uses premium springs and a steel box (100%)
- It lacks a rocking feature, but makes up for it through the extensive system of sinuous wire springs underneath the seat. They give the chair extra support as you recline.
4. Phoenix Mocha Cuddler Recliner
- The overstuffed back, seat and armrests ensure plenty of room for comfort. The thick foam padding won't easily break down or disintegrate over time which is often an issue. Additionally, the chair is capable of supporting your back and headrest with its wide frame.
- When the chair is in the upright position it functions as a glider and since it is designed to be nearly silent it is perfect for rocking fussy babies to sleep. To ensure plenty of support and comfort the footrest is also padded.
- The dark brown leather and oversize design make this great for any family room or den. Rich in color and comfy, the upholstery lasts for years.
5. Aegean Heat and Massage Rocker Recliner - Chocolate
- Simmons uses a bulky but fashionable design that works well in any family or living room. The design is united through a great plush microfiber that Simmons has started using in many of their top end products. Lastly, it is heavily padded and optimized for maximum comfort which outdoes most loveseats.
- This is a great recliner for leisure rooms and everyday winding down. It comes with extra padding and a high-density foam seat which makes it easy to cuddle up for hours.
The heating and massaging is what draws people to this recliner the most. Users get 3 vibration levels and 2 heating settings. The vibration massage motion sends soft, pleasurable pulses throughout your body when activated. It has two sitting positions - upright and reclined. The only downside is that you cannot shift between them unless you release the handle.
These 5 recliners represent at least one of each category of recliners available from Simmons. Remember to consider the build quality, the frame and the size when selecting a recliner. Just like with any worthwhile monetary investments, it’s a gamble, but the benefits are often even bigger. As better Simmons recliners hit the market, you can trust we will have them reviewed!