The classic rocker chair is well known and loved by everyday Americans. It is a representation of classic furniture and early-style home decoration. Having a rocker chair on the porch was common in small towns and suburban homes. The classic wooden look is remembered with cool night breezes, simple summer days, and vintage houses. Through the years we have seen the development and change of classic-style rocker recliners to contemporary recliners. This has brought forward a new line of chairs that are truly some of the best rocker recliners to date.
However, not all the rocker recliners being produced today capture the craftsmanship of the original rocker. They lack elegance and creativity in their designs and functionality and comfort in their structure. To help readers avoid these types of chairs we will discuss what to look for in the top rocker recliners and the important factors that you need to know! We are confident that with our research we have gathered and reviewed the best rocker recliners available today. But, before we get into the details and analysis, we have put together a comparison table for the top 5 rocker recliners! See if you can find your favorite chair below!
Best 5 Rockers for YOU!
Price & Rating
Ashley Furniture Signature Design
Long Knight Power Rocker Recliner
Real Tree Camouflaged Rocker Recliner
Authentic Real Tree Poly/Cotton Fabric
Sleigh Glider-Multiposition Recline and Ottoman Combo
Ashley Furniture Signature Design
Raulo 1 Pull-Manual Chocolate Rocker Recliner
Contemporary Cougar Chocolate Rocker Recliner
Top 5 Things to Focus On When Buying a Rocker Recliner Chair
There are a number of factors to consider when you buy any chair, whether it is swivel, glider, rocker, power or manual recliner. That is why we broke down the top 5 factors you need to focus on before you get rocking.
1) Reclining Angles: It is important to know the full-recline of a rocking recliner. This will help you determine if it will fit in your room or not. You will also want to keep in mind that as you are rocking back and forth and you could potentially hit the wall or other furniture.
2) Back Support: The preferred density and padding is different from person to person. However, brands are aware that there are a base density and structuring for most chairs. It is still important that customers look at a selection of recliner chairs to have a variety of options.
3) Sound Structure: One of the worst things is when you are rocking and find an incredibly annoying squeaky noise coming from your recliner. Boy oh boy, that can get under your skin! Buy a rocking chair with solid structure will guarantee that you do not have these issues. However, if you have an old recliner you can apply oil to make sure that it remains intact.
4) Additional Features: Although this one is a bonus, it is great to find a nice leather recliner with massage, heat, swivel, and gliding features to accompany the rocking. These features are great bonuses but, they do not make or break the comfort and reclining of rocking chairs.
5) Purpose: What is the purpose of buying this chair? Every recliner is a perfect product for someone and something. However, a recliner from the wrong collection or purpose can ruin your perception. Do you need a rocker for your nursery room? Or is it for your living room? Make sure you match your needs with the right recliners, not your wants.
Pay Attention to the Frame!
Most people believe that the moving parts on a recliner are the ones that tend to break, that is not the case. The non-moving parts of a recliner actually break more than the moving parts. That leads to the question, what should I look for? The #1 part of a recliner that takes the most damage is the frame. When you shop, you should look at the reviews to see what customers say about the recliners frame.
The best recliners will be constructed with heavy-duty screws and hardwood in the frame. Chairs made from soft, plastic and flimsy screws will easily break off and destroy your frame. This is especially important in recliners that are constantly rocking. Furthermore, do not fall for fake descriptions that write "strong press board frame", these chairs are low-quality and will not be able to handle the back-and-forth rocking motion.
A great recliners frame will be constructed from hardwood or plywood, such as poplar or birch, which will cost more than the standard. However, that is what you have to pay to get premium rocking recliners. Lastly, look for recliners that offer minimum 1-year warranty for any malfunctioning parts. Brands that have belief in their products will have no problem offering this. Best 3 Benefits of Rocker Recliners
Best 3 Benefits of Rocker Recliners
Rocking chairs are beautiful in their design, padding, and stitching. However, they also provide practical health benefits that can aid in improving your life. Here are the top 3 benefits you get from owning a rocking recliner.
1) Alleviate Back Pains and Aches: We are constantly putting our backs under stress from our contemporary lifestyles. Whether we are sitting for long hours at our desks or on our feet exercising, we need to take better care of our backs. A rocker recliner can help in reducing swelling, aches, pulled muscles, and injuries.
2) New Mothers: It is vital that new mothers have intimate moments with their newborns. This helps develop the relationship between a mother and her child. And one of the most natural motions for a new mother is rocking. While trying to get a baby to go to sleep or simply spending quality time, a rocking chair can not only help with feeding but also with intimate bonding.
3) Blood Circulation: When you put your feet up with a recliner you improve the flow of circulation within your body. This allows you to breathe easier and reduce stress. By elevating your legs you put your body in a state of relaxation and help limit any head, neck, leg, and joint pains you may be having.
Rocker Recliner Reviews
Ashley Furniture Signature Design: Long Knight Power Rocker Recliner
- Smooth rocking motion
- Corner-blocked frame
- Firm seat and back cushions
- Metal reinforced footrest and seating
- Attached seat cushion
- Attached back cushion
- High-resiliency foam cushion
- Polyurethane/Polyester upholstery
- Poly Fiber wrapped cushions
- Beautiful detailed stitching
- *Option: Power or Manual
Reviews of the Long Knight Power Rocker Recliner distinguish it as a chair and piece of furniture. Its leather esque touch and clean design put it above the competition. Detailed with distinctive stitching, flowing lines, and subtle curves, fulfill the requirements of any beautiful modern recliner. Few contemporary chairs combine elegance and functionality as well as the Long Knight. Stress-free to operate with a touch of a button, Ashley Furniture puts you in recline mode quite easily.
Extra wide arms are positioned perfectly, allowing the upper torso to feel completely relaxed and support. And the extra padded layering that gently covers the cushion seat is aesthetically sumptuous and purely stylish. Ashley Furniture upholstered the Long Knight in cool and soft to touch polyester/polyurethane. Adding flare to any room is what allows this collection to continuously thrive. It is structured with a corner-blocked frame along with a metal reinforced footrest and seat. The ultra-plush neck and head support are what allows users to rock and recline in comfort for hours.
Dorel Living Real Tree Camouflaged Rocker Recliner
- Dual functioning rocker
- Sewn-in back cushions
- Sewn-in seat cushions
- Authentic tree poly/cotton fabric
- Overstuffed recliner
- Upholstered chair for knee and leg support
- Foam seating
- Superior coil
- Seat Height: 19”
- Gentle rocking
The Dorel Living Camouflaged Rocker is wildly popular because of its unique upholstery and fun design. We included this rocker on our list because of its popularity and functionality. It’s smooth in its rocking, easy to recline, and features durable upholstery. These factors make it the perfect gift for a father, dad, brother, or anyone who loves nature. Furthermore, it fits easily into any cottage or cabin living room and den! Upholstered with a beautifully authentic and creative real tree fabric, Dorel Living made this chair to seduce any nature lover, outdoor sports enthusiast or artist.
The recliner features solid frame construction and foam seating for utmost durability and comfort. It also features superior coil seating that is accompanied with an easy-to-use lever release and completely upholstered chair pad to adequately support the user’s knees and legs. This overstuffed recliner continues to impress by including sewn-in back and seat cushions that make it easy to kick your feet up, watch television or take a nap. Ultimately, it is easy to see why this stylish rocking recliner is so popular.
Dutailier Sleigh Glider-Multi-position Recline and Ottoman Combo - Espresso/Dark Grey
- Rocker and glider features
- 5-year warranty
- Multi-position mechanism
- Sealed ball bearings
- Adjustable backrest
- Hardwood frame
- Espresso Finish
- 6 different positions
- Matching gliding ottoman
- Ergonomic design
- No sharp edges
- Toxic-free finish
Rocker Recliners have a timeless tradition to them that connects many different aspects of life. One of those rocking chair experiences is that of a mother rocking her child to sleep. Modern chairs have combined rocking with recliners and their new features.
The Dutailier recliner is the perfect combination of classic rockers and contemporary recliners. It features the Sleigh glider and ottoman that provide increased gliding and smooth motions. The thick cushions and padded arms allow you to sit for long periods of time without feeling any elbow, wrist or leg pains. Additionally, the frame is constructed from top-quality luxurious hardwood that is guaranteed to endure constant rocking. A patented multi-position mechanism provides users with 6 different positions and allows them to lock the glider. Finally, the ergonomic design offers unlimited positions, an adjustable back, and no sharp edges. With a beautiful platinum sleigh color and clean espresso and toxic free finish, the Dutailier is easily one of the best-crafted rocker/glider recliners.
Ashley Furniture Signature Design - Raulo 1 Pull Manual Rocker Recliner - Chocolate
- Polyester upholstery
- 1-pull reclining motion
- 4 different color options
- Metal reinforced seat
- Metal reinforced footrest
- Firm back cushions and seat cushions
- High-resiliency foam cushions
- Plush back and arms
- Thickly wrapped in Poly-Fiber
Completed with a plush aesthetic, the Raulo Rocker Recliner Chair looks and feels extra comfy. The padded arms and divided back are covered in soft fabric upholstery along with a variety of colors. To be specific, Ashley Furniture offers the Raulo in 4 different colors in order to make sure that multiple living room, family room, and bedrooms can be decorated. Customers were most happy with the 1-pull reclining tab because of its convenience and fluidity in motion. It did not stall nor did it require excessive force to pop the footrest up. Lastly, customers reported that the firm back and seat cushions were supportive yet comfortable at the same time. This allowed users that were of greater height (6'5) and weight (250 lbs.) to comfortably use the rocking feature of the chair.
Flash Furniture Contemporary Cougar Chocolate Chenille Rocker Recliner
- Modern design
- Plush pillow back
- Rocker feature
- Soft soothing rocking
- Plush rolled arms
- Lever recliner
- Built for average sized person
- No sag sinuous springs
- Upholstered in chocolate cougar chenille
Made with comfort in mind, the Flash Furniture Chenille Rocker Recliner is an excellent example of simple but, contemporary upholstery. Built for the average sized person, it easily competes with the best recliners because of how it is structured to fit the average American quite comfortably. The plush pillow back and plush rolled arms cuddle the inside of your body as you relax and read your book, watch a movie, or sit with the family. It also includes no-sag sinuous springs to make sure you have years of comfy seating and rocking. The lever is placed in an easy-to-reach position and is less-strenuous than lifting a piece of paper. In our opinion, the best part about this recliners feature is the chocolate chenille upholstery. It is beautiful, super soft, and soothing for new mothers and the elderly.
Recliners today often struggle to capture the beauty behind classic rocking chairs. They lack craftsmanship and precision that each rocker was made with. However, the 5 rocking recliners we have selected are great additions to any home. They include the appropriate padding, support, and design. We focused on comfort, great reviews, and a wide selection of possible recliners. With our research, we narrowed it down to these 5 rocker recliners because they fit a large demographic of our readers and potential readers. We hope this piece was able to help you figure out some of the most important things to look for in a rocking recliner, the top benefits of these chairs, and the key features of the best chairs today. Happy shopping!